In today’s digital landscape, video marketing has become an indispensable tool for businesses and marketers to engage their audiences effectively. With various channels available for content distribution, video production teams must adopt efficient workflows to optimize their investment and ensure their videos reach and resonate with viewers across different platforms. In this blog post, we will explore how corporate video production teams can modify final videos for use across multiple channels, maximizing their investment and impact on social media, OTT advertising, digital video ads, and website delivery.
Steps to Consider in Video Marketing Channels
1. Shoot with Multichannel Delivery in Mind – One of the critical aspects of efficient video production is to plan for multichannel delivery from the outset. By considering the specific requirements and aspect ratios of each platform during the shooting process, video production teams can save time and resources during post-production. For example, framing shots with the ability to be cropped into vertical or square formats allows content to be easily repurposed for Instagram or other social media channels. Prioritizing the most important delivery format ensures the video maintains its quality across all platforms. Check out the blog post on 12 places to stick your video – LEARN.
2. Tailor Video Content for Social Media Channels – Social media platforms are major hubs for video consumption. To maximize the investment in video marketing channels – think social content and consider the following tips for specific platforms:
- Facebook: Leverage native video, Facebook Stories, and Facebook Live to cater to different audience preferences. Use eye-catching visuals and compelling storytelling to capture users’ attention in the Facebook feed.
- Instagram: Focus on short, visually appealing content. Use features like Instagram Reels and IGTV to reach different audience segments. Experiment with engaging visuals and trendy styles to resonate with Instagram users. Since you’re here – follow our Instagram channel.
- Twitter: Keep videos concise and impactful, as Twitter’s character limit affects video length. Use captions or subtitles to make videos more accessible and engaging.
- LinkedIn: Share professional and informative content, such as explainer videos or industry insights. Videos on LinkedIn should be geared towards B2B audiences and focus on building thought leadership or “how to” content.
3. Repurpose Video Content for Various Channels – To maximize the reach of content in video marketing channels, repurposing is key. Take the original video and adapt it for different platforms and delivery methods. Here are some ways to repurpose video content:
- Events: Showcase videos at trade shows or events to attract attendees and promote your brand.
- Email Campaigns: Embed short video snippets in email newsletters or marketing campaigns to increase engagement and click-through rates. Personalize videos to resonate with specific target segments.
- Website Delivery: Optimize video content for your website to showcase your products or services, engage visitors, and boost conversions. Consider using video backgrounds or product demonstrations to enhance user experience.
4. Use Video’s Impact to Your Advantage – Video is a powerful medium that surpasses photographs and text in terms of impact and engagement. Its dynamic nature allows for emotional storytelling, capturing viewers’ attention and evoking stronger emotions. Studies have shown that video content drives higher click-through rates, shares, and conversions compared to static images or plain text.
Additionally, video provides an opportunity for businesses to showcase their products, services, or brand personality more effectively. It allows companies to connect with their audience on a deeper level, creating a sense of authenticity and trust. Furthermore, videos can convey complex information in a concise and easily digestible format, making them more memorable and shareable.
In conclusion, mastering video production for multichannel delivery is essential in today’s digital landscape. By shooting with various platforms in mind, tailoring content for specific social media channels, repurposing videos across different mediums, and leveraging video’s impact, businesses can maximize their investment in video content. By strategically using video across social media, OTT advertising, digital video ads, and websites, companies can enhance their brand presence, engage their audience, and achieve better results in their marketing efforts.